Forum

Higher Point Tables and Thanks Friends
joeprobaseball wrote
at 4:08 AM, Sunday January 25, 2015 EST
I don't really write or pay attention to the forums much. I'm not really much of an activist I guess. I would like to talk about this one thing though. Sketch is rather slow these days. It's still a nice place to come and chat and there are still many people I know who I see on here, if only for the occasional check-in. And it's absolutely fine this way. I enjoy talking with all of you and am glad to say I have met many interesting people on here, several of whom I can call friends. But I remember a while back there were many more people, not just chatting, but playing, and playing and chatting, and having a fairly good time. That's not to say we don't still have good times now. But I'm not really one to settle for "just fine." And I'm not the only one who remembers the past. According to the "Ideas" section, 90 other people also remember this, although that thread has since died off. Even so, the thread to bring back the higher tables received more votes than any other idea. I feel something that received such overwhelming support should be not only considered, but approved.
I don't know the original reason for getting rid of the higher point tables on xsketch. Some talk about how maybe there was a bug or something wrong with the higher tables. However both Gpokr and kdice seem to still have these, which is puzzling to me. Others talk about how it was to help introduce new players to the game, to create a sense of community. I'm not saying that wasn't a good idea, if that was the reason. But if there's one thing that can be pointed to for the decrease of people on xsketch, it's the moment when the higher tables were taken away. It's been a few years since then and sketch has seen a steady decline in players. And talk of getting the higher tables back seems to have dissipated. It seems the idea has pretty much been given up on. And I personally don't accept this.
I can't say that bringing higher point tables back will suddenly create a boom of xsketch players. In fact I doubt that would happen. I can't even say it would cause a slight increase in xsketch players. No one can predict the future (although many of the great xsketch guessers seem to defy this fact).
But I can say that if one policy or idea has been in place for a long time, and if that policy or idea isn't working, well maybe it's time to make a change. To finally bring back some higher tables and see if we can take a step in a new direction for xsketch.
I've seen the ideas for change on xsketch. I've read all sorts of suggestions about ways to improve the game and bring more people to the site. A lot of those are great ideas. In my mind, however, this is the one change that truly needs to be made. Let the people have some higher tables again. Sometimes the old way is the best way.
To everyone on xsketch, I would also like to say thank you for sharing all these games with me. There are so many memories I have of xsketch and all the players. So many great times that I will never forget. I think some of my hardest laughter has come from things people have said on here. It truly has been wonderful to be on this site with you all. This kind of sounds like a goodbye letter....but it's not. Well, probably not. You all know how addicting this place can be. I'll be around, should you ever wish to chat or play. All you have to do is callllll and I'll be there, yes I willlll...
But really, it's time to make the change. It's been time.
I don't think Ryan reads this forum, but I hope the word will get to him somehow and that he will choose to act. Thank you for your consideration.

-joeprobaseball

« First ‹ Previous Replies 11 - 15 of 15
???? wrote
at 12:55 AM, Saturday January 31, 2015 EST
So yes I do agree with the joeprobaseball also know as joeeeeeeeeeeeeee with the unlimited e's who breaks the board every time he says hi to me on greeen. Well, I think your request is very honest and it needs to roll out - if not now, 2016 should be the new year where the higher tables come to existence. I like playing with all the players in here, whether noob and unknown they are all extremely fun. Even though I have retired, I do dare myself to actually login and due to the excessive addiction I have I would probably sit and play with you all. Joe, I haven't drawn you a walrus yet. Apart from that time it was my turn to draw on the xsketch game and I drew lots for you, and I know you cherished them. Lava is a volcanic eruption of jellybeans when she appears in the forum. I agree with the rainbow pen Shen suggested but we really need an eraser for crying out loud. I don't want to have to clear the sketch, if I accidentally example drew an elephant but wanted to draw a giraffe. You know it'll be much easier. WE NEED AN ERASER! Ryan, please read this. I mean not my response because I basically pretty much bombed it. I don't know what to say except dawler is cool.
dawler wrote
at 1:11 AM, Saturday January 31, 2015 EST
I heartily endorse this event or product.
sa|ch| wrote
at 7:22 AM, Saturday April 29, 2017 EDT
Excuses. I came and you're not here.

What an utter disappointment.
joeprobaseball wrote
at 4:01 AM, Monday June 5, 2017 EDT
Lol sai
joeprobaseball wrote
at 4:01 AM, Monday June 5, 2017 EDT
Lol sai
XSketch - Pictionary Online
XSketch is a multiplayer word sketch game played in monthly competitions. It's like Pictionary. You sketch a picture with the goal of having other players guess your word and vice versa.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary