Forum

My List Of Wishes For Xsketch (in no special order)
brunettebarbie wrote
at 6:40 PM, Thursday August 8, 2013 EDT
Foreign language tables (German, Dutch, Spanish, French)
- I know, there existed some in the old times and i`d like to have them back. It happens from time to time that new players sign up who are only capable of speaking spanish, and they would also have fun playing this game. I myself can help with taking care of the wordlists for german and spanish.

Tables for players with higher points, were you can win but also loose a higher amount of points.
- I know, there existed some of these in the old times and i´d like to have them back. They were fun and a way to make the game interesting for the more experienced players. i´m sure it would bring back some old players.

A rubber
- so we don´t need to delete a whole drawing anymore, but can delete a part that is wrong or irritating for the guessers. That would be very useful as a lot of players here don´t draw perfectly drawings with a drawing pad.

Some more colours
- The existing ones are fine, but i think adding a real brownish brown and a real pinkish pink at least would be nice. They could also be earned with higher levels.

One or two more pensizes and maybe one button to color the whole screen with one colour at once
- They could also be earned with higher levels. The whole screen button would be useful and pretty when you have a word that you want to draw into darkness, like "starry night" or so.

Maybe one or two more mods
- carefully picked, which can care for the page all around the different timezones and hopefully foreign languages (see above). One for USA, one for Europe, one for Australia... (This goes not against the mods we already have, they are super!)

A kind of tourney
- I don´t know what kind of tourney that should be or how it would be different from the normal game, but i think it could be fun. Maybe it would work with stakes that get higher after a few rounds, so fewer and fewer players are left until there is a last table with players which win pots, but i don´t know if that can work somehow. It must be work different from the gpokr tourneys because we need to play together not against each other here...

A bug fix for the emailadress verifying problem
- because it is kinda annoying to tell every newbie who has problems with it, to go to gpokr and press a button there. And often we don´t even get to that point where we can tell them, so they leave the site, thinking the chat is not for them.

A refreshed page for the rules, which contains all the rules how they are right now
- because it is confusing and annoying to send new players the link to the rules page and also the link to the blog which explains the rules and then they maybe argue about the differences or whatnot.

Let new players read the page of rules once, as part of the list they have to get "checked"
- That way none of them can excuse himself easily with "Oh, i didn`t know that was not allowed what i did there!"

A prominent placed link to the existing facebookgroups of Xsketch, or just one of them or a newly founded Fanpage which doesn´t exist until now. (But Kdice has several)
- That would be part of the strategy to get more players to the page which is crucial!

An mobile App for Xsketch
- for both Apple and Android devices. Also good for recruiting new players.

Replies 1 - 10 of 12 Next › Last »
Marice wrote
at 8:04 PM, Thursday August 8, 2013 EDT
Great Ideas, Barbie. I'm in favour of all of them.

would like to add - people to fix word lists. I'd like to do this but I know others would too, there are some spelling errors and some words that are just stupid.

I too have noticed a lot of spanish players recently so I think the interest is out there.
Slinus wrote
at 9:08 PM, Thursday August 8, 2013 EDT
I suggest to integrate more words that are related to horses.
kellykellymoore wrote
at 11:18 PM, Thursday August 8, 2013 EDT
Great thoughts and ideas, Barbie. I'll forward it to Ryan and see if sketch can get a little attention. =)
Exonym wrote
at 7:02 PM, Friday August 9, 2013 EDT
I'd like to see the bug that doesn't allow new players to see the drawing, forcing them to refresh the page to play. I think it deters a lot of newcomers from playing, as they might think the site doesn't work.
acidfood wrote
at 11:00 AM, Tuesday August 13, 2013 EDT
I'd like a robot next to my username.
Marice wrote
at 8:24 PM, Tuesday August 13, 2013 EDT
And may we please have the ability to post on our friends walls fixed.
Exonym wrote
at 7:43 PM, Wednesday August 21, 2013 EDT
DirtyLukazzz: and you cant see mine
reiguy202: i cant see any thing
DirtyLukazzz has left

Here is a perfect example from today about my previous post.
goIden wrote
at 10:40 PM, Friday August 23, 2013 EDT
I think if the game had more than 4 active players that would be sorta cool.
brunettebarbie wrote
at 2:48 PM, Wednesday October 23, 2013 EDT
@golden: i think the problem of not enough active players is getting solved at the moment... there are even more european players again, so i can play in the afternoons not in the middle of the night :)
dakky wrote
at 11:48 AM, Thursday November 7, 2013 EST
I didn't find a way to post new topic, but here is my idea:

- be able to rate (1-5 stars) every sketch
- when noone is sitting in, the bot sits in and randomly displays best rated sketches, so you could play when no one is online
XSketch - Pictionary Online
XSketch is a multiplayer word sketch game played in monthly competitions. It's like Pictionary. You sketch a picture with the goal of having other players guess your word and vice versa.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary