Forum

Ryan: Sept will be xsketch month!
jurgen wrote
at 4:38 PM, Saturday August 31, 2013 EDT
Ryan just posted this on his tumblr account ( http://ryaniogc.tumblr.com/):

Sept will be xsketch month

I’m going to focus on modernizing the xsketch UI and adding some simple but needed features to the game.

XSketch will be the first game to launch on the new server stack. The reason? Well, I need to make sure the new stack has no bugs before making kdice and gpokr live.

Amazing news for XSketch! Actually, let's give Ryan all the time needed to gradually change stuff. But feel free to post feedback or report bugs.

happy sketching everyone and since not everyone reads the forum, please spread the news to other regular players that you see on KDi, oops, cough Xsketch :)

Replies 1 - 10 of 13 Next › Last »
brunettebarbie wrote
at 5:35 PM, Saturday August 31, 2013 EDT
This is great news!
Let´s play a lot to test the new things!

I guess i have to sign in to tumblr now, so i can give feedback :/
goIden wrote
at 8:24 PM, Saturday August 31, 2013 EDT
Ryan: who cares
brunettebarbie wrote
at 11:22 AM, Sunday September 1, 2013 EDT
come to http://xsketch.com:8080 to test the stack.
Ryan wrote
at 10:04 PM, Tuesday September 10, 2013 EDT
The server is now running on test.xsketch.com.

I'll probably make the switch soon to make xsketch.com live on the new stack.
Ryan wrote
at 8:47 PM, Wednesday September 11, 2013 EDT
xsketch is now live on the new stack! You shouldn't notice a difference... but its huge for me. It means i can push changes much faster and easier... which should, over time, result in a better game.
Marice wrote
at 4:29 PM, Thursday September 12, 2013 EDT
Ryan

Haven't noticed any major differences. In fact I thought the game play seemed less laggy than usual last night.

Have noticed that none of my recent sketches are showing only the ones we did yesterday when you were on but nothing after that.

Some players seem to have trouble getting in. I found that logging out and closing browser, refreshing my bookmark to the site helped with that.

There seems to be some stuck tables at the moment too.

Marice wrote
at 4:33 PM, Thursday September 12, 2013 EDT
Also, thank you for making me an Advisor again. I notice that the symbol doesn't show on my profile here, though does at kdice and gpokr. Also don't seem to have abilities to edit/add words at this point.

Is there also any possibility that people will be able to change their login emails at some point? I know for myself that the one I used orginally is now obsolete. Another player also accidentally typed her email wrong when joining and has not been able to receive verification emails and therefore have chat ability. She doesn't want to change the account she has as she likes her name and has medals on it.
Gurgi wrote
at 6:08 PM, Thursday September 12, 2013 EDT
Congrats marice :P
Marice wrote
at 3:36 AM, Friday September 13, 2013 EDT
Still a few glitches.

Tables still misbehaving.

Chat is cutting out so that you have to retype your sentences.

Going to some other site pages brings up error messages that correct when you refresh.

Peoples stat details change as they sketch. levels, etc.

a few other little things as well :-(
Ryan wrote
at 10:42 AM, Saturday September 14, 2013 EDT
Just pushed a fix for the people stuck on the table. On to the next bugs... keep posting them :)
XSketch - Pictionary Online
XSketch is a multiplayer word sketch game played in monthly competitions. It's like Pictionary. You sketch a picture with the goal of having other players guess your word and vice versa.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary