Forum

New Guessing Rules
ItsAllAboutMe wrote
at 1:18 PM, Tuesday October 15, 2013 EDT
Today Ryan added the ability for more than one person to guess the word correctly. Adding points to the pot remained the same but dividing the points changed a little bit. So lets get sensual for a bit so i can explain (hopefully):
Sketcher- always gets their points back if one person guesses correctly.
First correct guess- their points back (always 4) plus whatever is left after additional correct guessers (if any) earn their points back.
Additional correct guesses- their points back (always 4)
***Boring legal disclaimer about how i played for about ten minutes and gathered this info***
So i understand what Ryan was going for intending to draw in new people and make it possible for people to earn back their points but i think it penalizes the person who gets the answer right first a little too much. Draws when everyone gets the answer are hardly even worth guessing first as opposed to last.

So what do you think about the new guessing rules? Fair, unfair, cool, uncool, suspicious, auspicious, handsome or not? We (Mari) want your opinion. Probably so does Ryan but he isnt going to read this post so I'll just have to get Mari to relay all of this. Make a persuasive argument below.
With Love,
~ItsAllAboutMe

Replies 1 - 6 of 6
ItsAllAboutMe wrote
at 1:26 PM, Tuesday October 15, 2013 EDT
Also while talking to Hot we (she) had some ideas for alternatives which would allow the table with new rules to bring in new people while veteran peoples could enjoy the old style of the game.

Add a table with the old rules. "Without the hints and shiz" (Hot 2013)

Or add a table with a min score, with similar rules to that of hot's table (no hints/multiple winners) joe would be proud of this table.
With Love
~ItsAllAboutMe
Marice wrote
at 2:51 PM, Tuesday October 15, 2013 EDT
Hmmm, my opinion. It's been hard for me. I don't like changes too much so I have to put aside my own personality traits and just focus on what is best for the game itself.

1. I find the points confusing. Math has never been my strong point. I will wait and see and let more intelligent/mathy people comment on how that is working.

2. Are these good features overall? I think yes. I think they will attract new players and keep them here, especially if there are no glitches when they first sit at the table and people are well behaved during those first few visits.

3. We need new players to keep our favourite game alive. If we can build up a stronger player base and get to the point where we have full tables (note: tables plural) then there is more scope to have special tables.

4. I like a challenge. Tables with no hints and challenging features appeal to me, so keep the ideas flowing.

PEOPLE....post. It's all very well talking about our ideas in the chat but without some concrete suggestions, criticism etc in here there is nothing to pass on.

Ryan wrote
at 5:56 PM, Tuesday October 15, 2013 EDT
Beyond the points i think it makes things a bit more friendly when multiple people can guess correct.

I agree that the points need to be simplified. What if we rethought points in general? Are points good? Whats the purpose and can we have something that's simpler that serves the same purpose?

Marice wrote
at 6:30 PM, Tuesday October 15, 2013 EDT
I'm speaking for myself but the number one attraction for me here is the community. I've made some lifelong friends playing both here and at Gpokr. I've met some in person and I correspond with many even though they no longer play. This is what has me coming back and feeling passionate about this place and is something the 'other' sketch site doesn't offer.

Next is competition. I'm a competitive person, I like to push myself. The points are good, the stats are good, the medals are good :-) I'd probably play for 'fun' as well but I love a challenge!

I'm not terribly artistic. Drawing is part of the game but not such a big pull for me. Other more artistic players prefer to just draw.

brunettebarbie wrote
at 12:54 PM, Wednesday October 16, 2013 EDT
Ok, at first i hated the new guessing rule. I like to be the only one to win. But maybe i can adjust to it.
What i dont like about it: it is possible that you can guess right, and then share the answer in the chatbox, so more people can guess right and manipulate their points this way.
Also i really liked the green colored "xxx guessed right" message. I wish that this would be green again, not black.

About points: I play here since some years now, and i like the chats and the people i got to know and the learning of new english words, but i would not play here if there were no points. The points and the levels are motivation for me, they show me were i stand compared to native speakers and they are one of the best reasons to tell trolls to f*** off (because they mess with our ranks).
brunettebarbie wrote
at 8:42 PM, Thursday October 31, 2013 EDT
The new point rules are working clearly in my favour, i managed to reach the highest amount i ever got in one month :)
XSketch - Pictionary Online
XSketch is a multiplayer word sketch game played in monthly competitions. It's like Pictionary. You sketch a picture with the goal of having other players guess your word and vice versa.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary