Forum

Xsketch Tourney Idea
brunettebarbie wrote
at 10:18 AM, Saturday October 19, 2013 EDT
I just had some ideas about how a Xsketch Tourney could work!
As we normally kinda have to play together not against each other, unlike on gpokr or kdice, the tourney structure would have to incorporate that.
To do that we would play in teams, so we could play against but also with each other.
There would be 3 teams on every table, each consisting of 3 players.
In which team you play depends on when you clicked the "join tourney" button. If it is by coincidence, there can be no pre-game-ally. (Or not?)
The drawing order would look like that:
1. word: 1st player from team A,
2. word: 1st player from team B,
3. word: 1st player from team C,
4. word: 2nd player from team A and so on...
Because there is the possibility of cheating by sharing the answer elsewhere, a team can not guess while its own member is drawing. This means there is a guessing break for two players each drawing. This is not perfect, but i couldnt think of another solution. At least it would give time to chat, what we all like so much :D
Points of all players of a team will be combined and after a certain amount of rounds (or time?) the teams with the fewest points on every table gets kicked out of the tourney. The remaining teams are placed on new tables (like it is done in gpokr and kdice tourneys).
I am not sure how to determine the winning team on the last table. Maybe also with a time limit...

What do you think about this idea? Do you have additions? Please discuss!

Replies 1 - 7 of 7
ItsAllAboutMe wrote
at 8:28 PM, Saturday October 19, 2013 EDT
hokay, so if this works i have an idea(s): as for making teams i think the levels of the number of players should be added up and divided amongst the three teams as equally as possible. ie nine players, total of all levels 300, each team would have players who's collaborative level is around 100. Obviously it would not be perfect. This eliminates Marice, sote, and pickled_pig from coincidentally getting on the same team. I think giving two drawers a break at a time is a decent idea and points should be distributed each draw in a cascading manner rather than first correct earns the majority and everyone else can get 4.

One issue i have (havent thought about progression of the two winning teams or how finals would work if it comes out to one on one) Is people dirtbagging one team since two teams would move on. We're all nice here(except for hot who is a meanie) so i dont really see this as being a problem but if team 2 and 3 refuse to guess during team 1's draws team 1 will lose a good number of point every time they draw. Since only one team is out it is less of a competition for first than it is a competition not to lose. Again i dont see this as a huge problem as most people probably wouldnt sink to that, also making an alliance with just one team while deciding to throw the other under the school bus probably is more complicated than "hey lets gang up on team one" "sure." Otherwise this tourney biz could be a good idea with some (a lot) more thought
brunettebarbie wrote
at 8:51 PM, Saturday October 19, 2013 EDT
brunettebarbie: i didnt thought anough about the point distributing...
brunettebarbie: if the players of one team would become all the same amount ofpoints
brunettebarbie: or not
ItsAllAboutMe: yeah i thought it should be more like first gets like 10 2nd 8 3rd 6...
ItsAllAboutMe: or something
brunettebarbie: and in the end there are three teams with the most points, but the players have not the sam emanount
ItsAllAboutMe: if that was a question then yes
brunettebarbie: and they are seated on the last table, and maybe they can play only for themself from that time on
brunettebarbie: was that understandable?
ItsAllAboutMe: yeah, like the last one is free for all style right?
brunettebarbie: yes
brunettebarbie: that would be nice
brunettebarbie: :)
ItsAllAboutMe: let me think for a tick here
brunettebarbie: so the best 9 players are getting extra points
brunettebarbie: first place the most
brunettebarbie: or so?
brunettebarbie: and they are getting eliminated one after another?
ItsAllAboutMe: after what a time or point amount or what?
brunettebarbie: i dont know

ItsAllAboutMe: okay bb i think drawer gets 10, first right gets 10, second 8, third 6, 4th 4, 5th 2, and last doesnt get any regardless
ItsAllAboutMe: so that means the pot would be...
ItsAllAboutMe: pot would be 30
ItsAllAboutMe: so each person puts in 5

brunettebarbie: yes
ItsAllAboutMe: ok bb i think i got it?
brunettebarbie: but wouldnt it also work with 4 points?

ItsAllAboutMe: pot is 60. sketcher puts in 30, and each of the other six (with your other two on break) putting in 5 each
ItsAllAboutMe: that way...no
ItsAllAboutMe: i have to rethink distribution then
ItsAllAboutMe: damn it barbs why are you making ME do the math?
brunettebarbie: bc i almost fell through my abitur bc of math
ItsAllAboutMe: no i think that does work. sketcher protects their points by getting all 30 back, 1st gets 10, 2nd gets 8, 3rd 6, 4th 4, 5th 2, 6th 0
ItsAllAboutMe: that works out

ItsAllAboutMe: and maybe everyone starts with a certain amount of points like say 1000 because...
ItsAllAboutMe: if everyone is putting in points they have to have some to start
ItsAllAboutMe: this way someone with 0 points wouldnt be putting in 30 they dont have and getting a profit of 30 or something like that
ItsAllAboutMe: either start with some pts or incorporate negative points

Thankyou Itsall, for your math :)

DeBoss wrote
at 8:58 PM, Saturday October 19, 2013 EDT
at the moment this is a bad idea if we did have tournys at this point there would be like at most 10 people ,maybe later down the road if we have more people this would be a great and fun idea.But for now i do not see it working and i think if we did have this it should be maybe one a day or one every couple days.
ItsAllAboutMe wrote
at 9:01 PM, Saturday October 19, 2013 EDT
Your welcome, and myself, i am a fan of incorporating negative points. at the beginning of the round most people would go into the negatives but gain their points back. (I think, i mean at a table at any given time everyone tends to end with more than they started with, which im not really sure how but thats how it works out.) Also with negatives you get to know who is weighing your team down. (kidding)
brunettebarbie wrote
at 9:03 PM, Saturday October 19, 2013 EDT
yes @deboss, i think so too. we don´t need as many tourneys as in kdice or gpokr. maybe one at the busiest day of the week or once a day one for the us-timezone, one for the european timezone, one for the australian timezone.
ItsAllAboutMe wrote
at 9:07 PM, Saturday October 19, 2013 EDT
And yeah debes, this really is a more down the road kind of thing. It would take a while to even program all of this when we finally figured out all the rules, but i do think once a day would be too much. when we do get this figured out maybe traffic will be up and we can do i dont know like 2 a month (italics) maybe (unitalics) one a week but i really dont know. its too complicated to make anything concrete right now
Marice wrote
at 4:00 AM, Monday October 21, 2013 EDT
I'm keen for any competitions :-) I'm not sure how the whole concept will work but just want to put my hand up as being interested.
XSketch - Pictionary Online
XSketch is a multiplayer word sketch game played in monthly competitions. It's like Pictionary. You sketch a picture with the goal of having other players guess your word and vice versa.
CREATED BY RYAN © 2006
RECOMMEND
GAMES
GPokr
Texas Holdem Poker
KDice
Online Strategy
XSketch
Online Pictionary